You may have noticed decay of city, county and Oregon roadways. After the great recession of 2008, many government entities simply did not have the funds to adequately maintain roads. An injured person who can prove that improperly designed or maintained roads caused a crash, may be able to obtain damages from the responsible agency or company. Responsible entities also have a duty to adequately warn motorists of potential roadway hazards.

But there is a major trap. The Oregon Tort Claims Act generally requires written notice to the agency within 180 days of the loss. The notice must inform the agency that a claim for damages is made against the responsible agency. It is more complicated than that, so consult with a lawyer to make sure the proper notice is given. Lawyer Richard Rizk has successfully resolved several cases against Oregon governmental agencies. If you were in a motor vehicle accident and you suspect that roadways were the cause, contact Richard Rizk at (503) 245-5677 or for a free consult. In the meantime, you may wish to review this 2012 Oregon Map from Oregon Department of Transportation showing conditions of Oregon Roadways as of 2 years ago.

pave_cond_2012 (1)